Wednesday, April 2, 2008

podcasts

I think I understand this concept. My first thought was this is an example of something that could serve the vision impaired so they could hear things of news providing someone set up the computer for them. Once I got in to see different podcasts I must say that the storytime option seemed good. Kids could listen to a story and likewise libraries could use the podcasts for different stories changing them frequently. Due to the security system on my computer at home I wasnt able to access all the podcasts but I did get to the ABC site. I have been working from home so I may try at work next time I have to go in. I think that this could be a good way to teach / train staff or keep in touch with branch staff. To me the whole thing seems like it is a talking email rather than a written one. It is just another way of keeping in touch with employees and keeping them up to date on the world of technology. Members of the library may use podcasts to listen to what's new at the library or events are up and coming or listen to other members reviews on new items just for example.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

I think you are right we use podcasts to record our all staff briefings...it's a way we can make sure everyone has access to the same information. I guess in the future we will start podcasting author talks and launches.

Leanne